to create and submit a profile sheet
...a good compromise between the brevity of a Register entry
and a full CV
Simply lay out your profile using your computer (or even a typewriter),
following the hints and tips below. Then either:
- Send us an original print out on white paper ).
We will then scan your design and turn it into an image that can
be displayed on this web site. Or
- Submit your profile as a PDF file and e-mail it to us as an attachment at
You should ensure your profile design:
- occupies an area no larger than 17 cm wide × 19.5 cm high
- uses text no smaller than 10 point (capital letters will measure
~2.5 mm in height).
You could include details of...
- career history
- company profile
- affiliated companies
- alternative office contact details
- prizes and awards gained
- training courses completed
- instruction rate
- reported cases in which you have acted as an expert witness
- fee scales
- fields of expertise
- relevant publications to which you have contributed
- present research and development
- legal aid work.
We will automatically head the profile sheet with your current
name, address and other contact details, so there is no need to
repeat that information.
Handwritten profile sheets are not acceptable, unless being typeset
by us (for which a charge will be made at the
rate of £50.00 plus VAT per hour).
Hints and tips
- Avoid text that dates your profile, e.g. use '... since 1982'
rather than '... for 20 years'.
- Use colour with care - the profile may be faxed and your careful
work with colour may just look messy!
- If you want to include a photograph, make the contrast as strong
- Ask a colleague to read through your profile to check for spelling
- Avoid tinted and stippled backgrounds to text.
- Try faxing your profile to test output quality.
- Remember that the quality and presentation of your profile
reflect on you.
- Make any artwork simple.
- Send us a top copy original.
A Sample Profile
- we will not proofread your profile sheet, and
- the quality of your profile will reflect on you. So please
take your time checking the text and layout.