Welcome to the website of the UK Register of Expert Witnesses,
the premier UK resource for and about the expert witness. Use the
menu above to navigate through the site or click on the shortcuts
to the right. You can find an expert witness by using the following search tool.
| Find an expert witness
Search for an expert witness now
| For the expert witness
|| For the lawyer
How would you like to reach the top litigators, attract high-quality instructions, enhance your reputation,
reduce payment problems, learn from the experiences of others, get ahead with your marketing and keep abreast of changes in the law?
How would you like to have confidence in a new expert witness, use experts who understand their duties, avoid censure from the court,
have experts compete for your instruction, never use a bad expert twice and access information the way you want?
Use our on-line form to join right now
Use our subscription form to sign up now
The latest from Your Witness Issue 92:
- GDPR Thoughts: Data Audits, Privacy Notices and Controller or Processor
- Complex disclosure requirements in cases that involve massive amounts of electronic documents are an opportunity for expert witnesses
- Does an expert witness's breach of duty in a criminal case render the conviction unsafe?
- Beware of receiving unsolicited information about a case you have no dealings with - someone might be engaging in a dirty tricks campaign!
- GDPR - the vital exemption all experts should know
- GDPR - Legitimate interest may be a better legal basis than consent
- GDPR - What happens to the Data Protection Act now GDPR is in force?
GDPR – The right to object to processing of personal data and expert reports
Is a person's right to object to processing of their data absolute? (from eWire Issue 109, April, 2018)
GDPR – Processing of health data and expert reports
Is the prohibition of processing the special categories of data (such as health data) absolute? (from eWire Issue 109, April, 2018)
Document retention policy
Retention policy should respect the source of a document (from eWire Issue 110, June, 2018)
GDPR – The right to be forgotten and expert reports
Is the right to be forgotten absolute? (from eWire Issue 109, April, 2018)
Is your spare room filling up?
Which documents in a case should be retained - and for how long? (from eWire Issue 110, June, 2018)
What is a reasonable time for document retention?
What constitutes a reasonable retention period will depend on the class of document concerned. (from eWire Issue 110, June, 2018)
J S Publications...
creating expert information resources for the expert witness and the lawyer